I produced this recipe together with Delallo Foods. You’ve most likely heard me discuss them before; I really like dealing with them since I love their goods. For example, I had been a jarred marinara sauce snob (Hey, My home is NY!) before I attempted their jarred Pomodoro Fresco sauce. A were built with a jar to sample and unwillingly tried on the extender one evening after I didn’t have enough time to prepare. I had been hooked; even my Italian husband approves now I usually have a couple of jars on hands. Utilizing their jarred sauce makes this SO fast and simple to prep. Even though it takes some time to bake in the oven, you’re liberated to complete other activities although it cooks.
A couple of ideas to get this to perfect, don’t overwork the meat when mixing so when you form your giant meatball you need to turn it into a little flat on the top, therefore, the sauce and cheese don’t roll off. We enjoyed reading this is having a big salad; we do hope you like it around we all do!
- 1 lb 93% lean ground poultry
- 1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons of grated pecorino romano cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove crushed garlic clove
- 2 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoons of minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Delallo Pomodoro Fresco Marinara
- 1 oz (1/4 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- grated parmesan, optional for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Inside a medium bowl combine poultry, breadcrumbs, pecorino, egg, garlic clove, tomato paste, parsley and salt and lightly mix to mix. Form into an oblong loaf is making use of your hands, slightly flattened at the very top on the nonstick baking sheet. Bake uncovered 45 to 50 minutes, remove from oven, top with marinara and cheese and bake three to five minutes before the sauce is hot and also the cheese is melted.
- Slice into 8 equal pieces. Serve with increased warmed sauce quietly if preferred.